Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Ring


I had said that this blog was not going to become an AA forum of any kind; however, there is something that I need to share with you that is AA related...


I like amethyst. Actually, I love amethyst. It calms me, and helps to ground me. Amethyst also happens to be purple, my favourite colour. I looked up the meaning of amethyst, it literally means 'not drunk'. Huh, who knew??


As my 3 year AA birthday passed in January, I decided to buy myself something at the Conference that was in March. I already have AA jewellry. The AA symbol is a triangle with a circle around it. Anyway, I decided that I wanted a ring with a trilliam (triangle) amethyst. At the Conference, I bought a pendant which was exactly what I wanted as a ring. I then took it to a jewellery store and decided to have it made into a ring.


So, to make a long story short...I took my wedding band and Scott's wedding band and had it made into my ring. I had 3 small diamonds in my band, so I had them put in my new ring..one at each end of the triangle.


The result???


Exactly what I wanted.

3 comments:

tweetey30 said...

Beautiful and glad you found exactly what you wanted. Most people go a long time before they figure out what they want and esp fidning it in a place where you woudldnt normally find them. So happy for you.

That girl said...

How freakin' cool is that!!! I too love amethyst!

I had no idea it mean 'not drunk', lol. I guess I can wear it as well then :-)

Good for you Eileen for doing something for yourself, you totally deserve it.

Hugs and kisses.

M.

PS - when did you say you were coming???

That girl said...

I just checked your reply to my last comment about when you were coming, so scratch that...